About Dr. Radovic
Dr. Philip Radovic has been practicing foot and ankle surgery and podiatric medicines for 30 years in Orange County California. His main office is in San Clemente where he lives and has raised his three children with his wife Tracey. Dr. Radovic is one of the more outstanding foot and ankle physicians in the country.
WIKIPEDIA ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Radovic
He has trained and mentored foot and ankle surgeons and sports medicine specialists for over twenty five years; many who successfully practice in Orange County around the world having benefited from his guidance after they completed three years of surgical residency training.
He has been an elected leader by his peers and served on committees on virtually every hospital and surgery center in south Orange County. He is one of the very few triple board certified podiatric surgeons in the nation as well as podiatric sports medicine Fellow.
Dr. Radovic has maintained an ethical practice, uninfluenced by commercial interests and yet is sought out by multinational medical societies, journals and pharmaceutical corporations for non-compensatory consultancy advice and guidance.
Dr. Radovic specializes in revision of prior foot surgeries, Advanced Bunion Surgery, Non-Incision, Non-Surgical Heel Pain Treatment, Ankle Arthroscopy and Endoscopic Heel Surgery, as well as general foot/ankle care and complex surgery. He is published in internationally peer reviewed journals and holds
several seminal medically related patents under license. Dr. Radovic has been a regular on-air consultant with the nationally syndicated The Doctors television show.
Dr. Radovic’s philosophy is to seek the most effective, sensible, direct and economical treatment for a patient’s condition, always considering their life’s circumstance; social, emotional, economical and physical well being.
Dr. Radovic subscribes to the notion that his patients time is equal in value to his. Listening to the patient is an often lost talent, but it goes hand in hand with the Hippocratic oath. Dr. Radovic has a sincere devotion to the best interest of each patient’s care.
Dr. Radovic achieved a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Molecular-Cellular Developmental Biology in 1982 at the University of Colorado and went on to obtain a Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine, from the California College of Podiatric Medicine in 1987. His 4th Year Podiatric Medical Education was accomplished at County USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, followed by a 2-year Podiatric Surgical Residency in Adult and Pediatric Reconstruction of the Foot and Ankle, Clinical Research, Clinical Medicine, Radiology, Orthopedics, Podiatric Sports Medicine, Diabetic Foot Care and Limb Salvage Techniques at Western Medical Center, Santa Ana/Anaheim.
His specialty certifications and memberships include:
- Diplomate, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery (Certified in Rear Foot Reconstruction and Ankle Surgery).
- Diplomate, American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics.
- Fellow, American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine.
Dr. Radovic has volunteered his services for over three decades. He was the Founder/Director of SouthWestern Podiatric Medical and Surgical Services, Camino Health Center Mission Hospital in San Juan Capistrano, CA. He offered his services to the Camino Health Center Mission Hospital as a Physician Volunteer and Member of the Board of Directors. He was also a Board Member for the Mission Hospital Community Benefits Program. He has served as a Physician Volunteer for LIGA The Flying Doctors of Mercy; the Baja Crippled Children's Project, the Haight Ashbury Free Clinic in San Francisco and the Peoples Clinic in Boulder, CO.
- B.A., University of Colorado, Boulder
- D.P.M., B.S., California College of Podiatric Medicine, San Francisco (CCPM)
- 2 year Podiatric Surgical Residency, Western Medical Centers; Foot & Ankle Reconstruction
- Board Certified in Foot, Ankle and Reconstructive Rearfoot Surgery - Diplomate, American Board of Podiatric Surgery.
- Board Certified in Podiatric Orthopedics - Diplomate, American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics
- Certified in Ankle Arthroscopy, ESWT, and Laser treatments for the foot and ankle.
- Past Qualified Medical Examiner, State of California
- Founder/Director, SouthWestern Podiatric Medical and Surgical Residency Program.
- Founder/Director, SouthWestern Podiatric Sports Medicine Fellowship.
- 1000+ Hours of Continuing Medical Education.
A Closer Look
- University of Colorado, Boulder. 1982. Bachelor of Arts Degree in Molecular-Cellular Developmental Biology.
- California College of Podiatric Medicine. 1987. Doctor of Podiatric Medicine, Bachelor of Science. County USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, 4th Year Podiatric Medical Education.
- Western Medical Center, Santa Ana/Anaheim. 2-Year Podiatric Surgical Residency given in Adult and Pediatric Reconstruction of the Foot and Ankle, Clinical Research, Clinical Medicine, Radiology, Orthopedics, Podiatric Sports Medicine, Diabetic Foot Care and Limb Salvage Techniques.
- Clinical Assistant Professor - Samuel Merritt University, CA
- Residency Director, Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center (SouthWestern) Podiatric Medical and Surgical Residency Program - 36. 1996-2012.
- Past Adjunct Clinical Professor, California College of Podiatric Medicine.
- Past Clinical/Surgical Instructor Western Medical Centers Podiatric Surgical Residency Program, CA
- Adjunct Clinical Faculty - Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine. FL.
- Associate Professor, Podiatric Medicine. Midwestern University, College of Health Sciences. AZ.
- Associate Clinical Professor, Western University of Health Sciences. Pomona, CA.
- Founder/Past Director of Podiatric Medical and Surgical Services, Camino Health Center, San Juan Capistrano. 1990-2012.
- Board of Directors, Camino Health Center, Mission Hospital. 2004-2010.
- Board of Directors, Mission Hospital Community Benifits Program. 2004-2010.
- Physician Volunteer, Camino Health Center, San Juan Capistrano, CA. 1990-2012
- LIGA The Flying Doctors of Mercy, Podiatric Surgeon. 1992-1996.
- Baja Crippled Childrens Project. 1986-1991.
- Haight Ashbury Free Clinic, S.F., CA. 1983-1987.
- Peoples Clinic, Boulder, CO. 1978-1983.
- Board Certified in Foot, Rear Foot Reconstruction and Ankle Surgery - Diplomate, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery.
- Diplomate, American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics.
- Fellow, American Academy of Podiatric sports Medicine
- Qualified Medical Examiner, State of California.
- Volume Injection Adhesiotomy. Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association. Volume 79 - Number 3, March 1989.
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome. Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association. Volume 80 - Number 9, September 1990.
- Use of the Subcutaneous Tissue Expander for Delayed Primary Closure of Flaps. Journal of Foot Surgery. Volume 28 - Number 3, 1989.
- Revisiting Epinephrine in Foot Surgery. Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association. Volume 93 - Number 2. March/April 2003.
- Modified Youngswick Osteotomy for Hallux Limitus - Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association. Volume 97(5), September/October 2007.
- Nonsurgical Treatment for Hallux Abducto Valgus with Botulinum Toxin A. Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association. Volume 98(1), January/February 2008.
- Nonsurgical Treatment for Hallux Abducto Valgus with Botulinum Toxin A-An improvement of the Injection Paradigm. Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association, Volume 110, Issue 2 (March 2020).
- Treatment of “plantar fasciitis”/Plantar Heel Pain Syndrome with botulinum toxin — A novel injection paradigm pilot study. The Foot Volume 45, December 2020, 101711
- Inventor/Innovator, Lead Instructor: AbobotulinumtoxinA in the Management of Hallux Valgus in Adult Patients: Results of a Randomised
And Placebo-Controlled Phase 2 Trial